Sunday 24 June 2012

Producing work from my photographs


Choosing the right pictures to focus on and observe took time as I wanted an arrangement of paintings and drawings, I didnt want it to look too boring or similar as I feel some of the work I had done in the past had been...





The painting above I recognized was combining with the work of Saville's I wanted the painting to have a hint of her painting techniques in my work. By doing so I used her toning skills and raw painting tones to add the warm, redness and almost bruising affect to my work as she does with hers.




Creating small experimental joiners like this would give me the help and confidence to see how they would turn out and how many variations I could make using only the ones off my contact sheet. I was surprised as to how many I could produce, making the perfect one for my canvas proved difficult, but by doing this I could see which one was the best and then finally use that for my Final Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment