Saturday 23 June 2012

Canvas Development

Using the previous pictures I decided to extend my views to create as I proposed a series of canvases I thought where interesting, exciting and different to what I have created before. Stepping out of my boundaries the canvases turned out quite not what I hoped they would, using techniques that where very new to me I feel it was not one of my best pieces that I had created as I thought they where all very the same colour and I thought the paintings overall could have turned out better.



I tried to recreate a version of De Kooning's abstract work by using the similar effects and brush work but in different colours also adding my own twist into it.



 

The closeups of my canvas display the patience and concentration of colour and textureI used to make the canvas have a raised surface.




As my canvases my increase in variation I have aimed to produce them from an abstract to a realistic form.
 I am inpressed as the canvaes are maginfied as on some parts they are extremely effective a the marbled texture gives the whole piece a viberant feel.





 

As my paintings form a realist look I begin to feel more confident as my way of working and painting really is in a realistic presentation.
 I know I can display my work my canvases more effectively due to my skills of patience and accuracy with my need to have a more detailed photo realistic painting rather than an abstract form.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment