Sunday 24 June 2012

My prints using the choosen joiner


Due to the fact of me only focusing on one subject, I wanted to produce a couple of prints from the joiner I would use in my book.
By doing this I am adding variation to my book, as it will show my versatility and indepence to create something not other than a painting or a drawing.
I did enjoy making the prints, however they havent turned out as what I thought they would end up like.
I feel I should have added alot more detail when etching into the acetate as it would have given me the greater chance of me having a better more increased piece of work.




Some of my Prints turned out stronger than others due to the fact of myself in the first place using the wrong acetate, since it was alot thinner and wouldn not have taken in the ink well.



I did decided to add water colour to some of the prints as I noticed they where all near enough the same, I had a feeling this would have been quite plain and boring for my pages. Simply by adding colour to some of my prints has lifted the outline and tone of my prints making them fresh and new.



I also wanted versatility in my ink production, I didnt think it would work which it didnt but by printing onto material gave the page a whole new look as I was not only adding a mixed media piece to the page but variation. It has given me the change to show I am not afraid to try out new things as I feel I hold back on that sometimes when I am working in my book.

Albrecht Durer

These are some of the famous print maker Albrecht Durer's woodcut work...

His work is not similar to mine but just an example of some of his art:



No comments:

Post a Comment