Friday 22 June 2012

My Pitch Ideas

Coming to the conclusion of what I will produce in my final piece, I had to think of not one but two ideas that I could show and present to my tutors. By doing this it will not only give me the confidence boost to produce my work in my book but also hear my tutors and other teachers guidance and advice. I can then get their ideas to add as well as help me with my final idea. 

Abstraction

Abstract is one of my ideas I thought about to interpret with my portraiture theme.
The ideas of creating a canvas based on the photographs and observations of my class mates I explored gave me an arrangement of views.

My Ideas within abstraction:

  • How I would create my canvas and what techniques I could use.
  •  The artists that would inspire myself, discovering Willem De Kooning's work gave me the concept of using his painting style to create a piece with the faint reflection of a face using the colours and textures of an expressive painting. 
  •  The colours and presentation of how I would display my work, whether the canvas will be a big or small one, whether there shall be a number of canvases or one. 
The artists I shall view include the likes of Willem De Kooning, Bill Murphy and Gerhardt Richter. Pablo Picasso is an extremely famous artist known for cubism work. His abstract paintings are very popular, artists work today are very similar to Picasso's work.


My Ideas within Realism:

  • With realism there is only a certain limit you can explore when wanting to create a painting as you can have a very detailed and accurate piece if you wanted a painting similar to a photograph, otherwise you could use bold, warm colours or a slightly expressive feel without stepping into the barrier of abstraction.
  • I could create a joiner like piece based on one of my family/ friends, this would be a challenge but would prove my motivation and skills when it comes to producing a detailed piece.
  • I could gather a range of different sized canvases to create and join into one, this would also come under my joiner idea but laying it out in a different way, however this may be very time consuming as there maybe alot of canvases to piant.
  •  
The artists I may focus on could be the likes of Jenny Saville, Chuck Close, David Hockney (For my joiner idea) and Lucian Freud.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment