Thursday 7 June 2012

Jenny Saville

Jenny Saville is a well known artist and preferably one of my favourite artists yet, her way of presenting her paintings are extraordinary. She shows true emotion and deep thought when the models are displayed in the paintings, these are just some featured below...

                            Jenny Saville EXHIBITED AT THE SAATCHI GALLERY


  Jenny Saville
Passage 
2004
Oil on canvas
336 x 290 cm

"With the transvestite I was searching for a body that was between genders. I had explored that idea a little in Matrix. The idea of floating gender that is not fixed. The transvestite I worked with has a natural penis and false silicone breasts. Thirty or forty years ago this body couldn’t have existed and I was looking for a kind of contemporary architecture of the body. I wanted to paint a visual passage through gender – a sort of gender landscape. To scale from the penis, across a stomach to the breasts, and finally the head. I tried to make the lips and eyes be very seductive and use directional mark-making to move your eye around the flesh." 


 


 This is a documentary exploring the work of Jenny Saville, not only is it showing her work but how she produced it and what the audience's views where of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment