Sunday 24 June 2012

Alice Neel and the Photograph to my canvas


Again I hadn't heard of this artist until Richard showed me. She is another artist for my book but I am not very much interested in her work as I feel it is too dark and strange for the work I am doing as it is not really par of what my project is based upon. Her work can change from simple portraits to extremely obscure pictures of insane drawings, like the skull up above.



This is coming to the end, after creating my canvas I used this picture to guide my self through my painting as it is very detailed and shows me most of the tones, colours and tiny features that I need to show in my work if I want it become something that is going to be photo realistic.
The contrast of paint I have demonstrated in the surrounding in the photograph shows the ability for my eye to use colour well using my paper as a palette, trying to get the paint as close to the tone of the face I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment