Sunday 24 June 2012

Cecily Brown

I had not heard of this artist before until Richard had shown me a couple of artists he thought would tie in perfectly with my work...



Her work in some way reminds me of Gerhardt Richter's work down the fact it is extremely abstract, as he uses very powerful colours to counteract the work. Her work is ver procotive and exotic as she tends to use and present her models in a sexual manor but in some picture you cannot stop it since her paintings can be hard to recognize. The is a hint of image but is mainly overpowered by the strong layering of colours she likes to use to make her pictures unique to any other.
 




I created my own version of her work. I had some spare acetate, I basically applied thick coats of blue hue colours I though might have worked well together. The blues did work but I wasnt very impressed as I had a better prediction that it would turn out much more colourful, as most of the paint ended up blending in with each other. I felt this ruined the effect I was trying to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment