Wednesday 11 April 2012

Grids layers and layers and reflections.

Part of my Unit 6 course-Beginning my Grids, layers and Reflections assignment showing ideas and processes throughout my sketchbook will help myself plus the audience know what I was thinking and how I went about going through the method. As I didn't know how or what to do experimenting was the only option to know my final outcome of the project, as a starting point drawing through windows, observing the basic line structure of buildings and the landscape, focusing on horizontal/vertical structure. 


Interested with the composition of buildings I held on to some photographs I took in Manchester of various areas in the city that I found remotely exciting, from these using a range of media, sketching, painting and collage from the photographs I developed a quantity of pages that displays the usage of colour, drawing techniques and skills of painting in different ways. 




Showing the direction of my method I extended this page with intentions of creating something other than focusing on a plain photograph in the middle of the page.
  • acetate, 
  • newspaper
  • Biro
  • fine liner 
  • water colour  
Using these main materials I wanted to give the page an expressive, feel I did create it quickly and wanted to display it in that manor.
Still focusing my thoughts on Grids the parallel liners and scrapped collage newspaper shows my experimentation of the chosen subject.




My watercolour page linking towards a back alley, the pale washy colours have blended and contrasted well with the stronger, bolder tones as I wanted sections of the page to stand out more than others, only adding certain colours to the sketch give the page a 3 dimensional effect with pen mark also slightly darker then others.




The next stages throughout my book was to more forward with my idea this meant working with ways I could use colour within various painting styles.



I took photographs of patterns I thought inspired me in the process of thinking about grids, layers and reflections. I extended these pictures to create my own version or designing a replicate in a more expressive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment