Wednesday 11 April 2012

Gerhard Ritcher

Artist Gerhardt Richter has been researched and relative techniques have been used in my work, he influences me as an artist due to the display of colour and intensity of his canvas's and paintings. For looking at abstract art I decided he could be the perfect artist as his work is very unique compared to any other.
 " Richter applied the paint in thick brushstrokes, or with rollers and an aggressive sweep of a squeegee (ironically, a tool commonly used for window cleaning and clarifying one's scope of vision). In this particular body of work, Richter minimized the visual impact of realist imagery in favor of a spontaneous, gestural illusion of space."

This is simply one of my own interpretations of Richter's work as i extended my photograph using his squeegee paint effect to create the complexity of bright and dark colours and layered composition.
Richter's main influences in producing his work come from the likes of Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol and Lucio Fontana.
"With such an eclectic style, Richter is understandably influenced by artists as varied as Jackson Pollock and Andy Warhol. However Richter’s work, whilst seemingly incongruous, is highly personal and responsive."




Not only does Richter create expressive squeegee pieces but over painted photographs that inspire my work as I love the fact he tends to experiment with colour as do I since I particulary tend to focus on using different media to vary my work and understanding of skills when exploring artists work.

 
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment