Sunday 15 April 2012

Colour experimentation.

Working with plenty of ideas my experimentation was moving towards the usage of colour, looking at artists I researched in the past my biggest influence with exploring colour was Gerhardt Richter, his art as shown on my blog is extremely useful, the power of colour and composition has made Richter one of the best main artists in my work and also my FMP. 
Looking as colour I wanted to show a wide variety of  thoughts shown in a range of media.



 For the images above, instead of using acrylic I wanted something more interesting and different, I found some ink i thought would work well. As I started to produce my pieces, I added tissue paper and newspaper to give my work texture as well as detail, using my paint bush i wasn't intending on making the page neat, I enjoy showing expression in my work so  by using a paintbrush I freely displayed this using the colours I had.
I found the colours were generally easy to use but most of them blended in too easily leaving a dark dirty colour on some of my colour pieces, the ink I found left a sort of tie dye effect I found interesting and may want to use in my FMP work and development.




 The painting above is an inspiration and replicates the theme of a stained glass window.




For these colour experiments useing arcylic paint and acetate never did seem easier! 
Acrylic paint was basically squashed down using acetate, I didnt know how it would have turned out but I did create my own little abstract piece I found to be interesting, the colours I thought might have blended in better but I thought this worked well for a development/experiment piece.

 

 Observing one photohgraph I took in Manchester sketching it out I created a simple line piece. I also added water colour and oil pastel to make the page stand out with alot more colour and tones.



These  pages in my book remind me of Gerhardt Ritcher's work using his sqeegee to produce his art, the techniques I have used in these pieces give my page a range and variety in colour sampling and experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment