Tuesday 29 May 2012

Observational Drawing and Paintings

As I started to build up my ideas and development, the best way to begin was to focus on the obvious and bring together a collection of primary research. With quick observational sketches I basically drew one of my class mates using water colour. By doing this I am not only showing my skills in drawing but experimenting with paints. This is something I want to foucs on when I am especially dealing with portraiture, what media I am using to show various techniques in my book. 



Gathering up primary sources, taking photographs of my family, friends this will be a good option for the moment as it will help me figure out what I am leading up to in my book and help the viewers understand what I am displaying in my book.


These are my observational drawings that took around 10 mintues, the oil drawing above was produced and replicated one of Lucian Frued's portraiture books.

 
This is simply a quick drawing I produced using tone and faint pencil marks.
 
                                      

I tried to produce a quick painting and by creating a more abstract picture. I am showing the use of not only drawing and sketching but painting in a way I feel is very essential. I wanted to bring in a feel of artists I have explored and show a sense I have interpreted their painting techniques into my work.
I feel this painting replicates some of Jenny saville's paintings due to the fragile colours and brushstrokes. 


This is one of Jenny Saville's paintings she has produced, some of her work is very deep as the style she paints in and the models she observes interprets an intense sense of feeling and emotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment