Monday 14 May 2012

Self portraiture

Now I have chosen my theme of portraiture, I wanted to look into the subject further, by doing so I researched artists I found to be very interesting and what could tie in with my development work. Aswell as portraiture, focusing on myself was another option as I wanted a variety of experimental work, not only observing the people in my class but also myself.

 The colours in m work used shows how I have under gone contrasting my colours, the brightness of some and the suttle tones of others show my understanding and techniques of how the painting works.



Bill Murphy

The artist I feel has inspired my ways in working on this page is Bill Murphy, his work is extremely expressive due to the strong brush strokes and bold textures, the way he presents his paintings and the colours he uses is simple but effective.

 
http://billmurphy.com/

http://billmurphy.com/Inventory/Contemporary_Art.html#Art

 
Patricia's Sister

Thomas@kempis


Nude#19



No comments:

Post a Comment